Sunday, April 27, 2008

I've been everywhere, man.

I love to travel. I love to see new places and how people in those places live. I like to try the local food. I like to take in the landscapes. I haven't been very far out of the country, but I have done a lot of traveling within the country. Going to Alaska (which I did twice) is as far as going out of the country, so that should count for something, right? This country is so amazing because it is humongous and has such a wide variety of things to see. From the Florida Keys to the Alaska Mountains - there is so much to see!
Anyway, I decided to look on a map at how many states I have been to.

create your own visited states map

There are definitely more states that I have been to than haven't. 36 out of 50, 70% is not bad! I did not include states that I have only used for their airports, because that doesn't count! If I did, I could have included Washington and Colorado.
I can't remember for sure if I have been to Kansas or Wisconsin. I guess I need to go back if I can't remember. It really seems like I have been to Wisconsin, but I can't think of when it would have been and surely I would have had some memorable cheese there, so I guess it never happened. I really need to hit up New Hampshire and Maine. That would finish off the Eastern U.S. and that would be pretty cool. Of course, having an entirely colored map would be nice too. Maybe I'll put that on my bucket list.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"BE IT EVER SO HUMBLE - THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME"

R. J. said...

Well, I guess you will have an even better reason to visit Wisconsin now. :) mwah!