Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Aussie Pies

I've been keeping very busy. Don't worry, death by chocolate didn't really happen. I am alive and doing well. Jason is visiting now and we are enjoying the city. For the first time, I am the one who knows the city and I am showing him around. We are alike in the fact that we are both up for anything in the food department. We have had a nice time the past few days exploring the city through our stomachs. We had Thai food down the street from my apartment.
Last night we went into the village where we intended to visit a Tibetan restaurant that my book recommended. When we got to the address the place was not there. That's the thing about New York - places are always coming and going so it is hard to stay current. Instead we walked around and found this interesting little Australian place called Tuck Shop, The Great Aussie Bite. The amazing smell wafting out onto the street brought us into the place, to find a cute menu of affordable pies and rolls. I settled on the Lamb and Veg pie, while Jason chose the B.B.Q. Pork w/slaw pie. We were so excited to find this unique little restaurant. The pies were very good and the staff was really nice. I liked the fact that I could see them making the pies in the back so I knew how fresh they were. An interesting thing about all this food in New York is that it really makes me want to cook more. I want to try to recreate these concoctions in my own kitchen. Here is a picture of me with my pie. It was really good and if you are hungry on 1st Ave and 1st Street, you should go there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I HAVE CONTINUED TRYING TO LOCATE YOU BUT FIGURED YOU WERE TO BUSY. YOU HAVE NOT BLOGED FOR OVER TEN DAYS....THAT IS TO LONG. I WILL FORGIVE YOU IF YOU ARE TO BUSY HAVING FUN. LOL

Anonymous said...

All that is missing is a random person running around in a subway like she is skiing..... what a few nights!

R. J. said...

nice pie. I hope you two are having fun!