Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Boiled egg, anyone?

You know - I was going to write all about my favorite kitchen gadgets. I started with one post, but I haven't written about them since! I just have to tell you about "Boiley" and the story of when he came to live with me.
Last year I was living in Georgia. I remember coming home from a not-so-great day of work. It was just one of those days where everything seems to go wrong and I was feeling pretty frustrated. As I drove back to my apartment I stopped at the mailbox, expecting it to be full of junk mail as usual. I pulled out the fliers and ads and was about to close the box when I noticed a small package in the very back. As I brought it closer to me, I saw to eyes peeking out of a duct taped package with a return address of Pensacola. Apparently, Jared and Stacy had been out shopping and found this little guy. Jared had duct tape in his car, so they wrapped the plastic box completely in tape, except for a little slot where the "eyes" were. How cute and funny this package was!

Well, it took me some time to get all that tape off - but when I did I found Boiley - the microwave egg boiler. Now, I am not too big on eggs, but I just had to try him out! Stacy left me a note in the box with a warning - Boiley has a lot of metal inside his plastic body. Metal meets microwave??? Believe it or not, after 4 minutes I had a perfectly boiled egg and NO sparks or fire.

Boiley brought happiness to a gloomy day in Macon and will surely bring many more smiles. Who wouldn't love an egg boiled in a little egg guy? It's worth it just to watch him go round and round in the microwave.
Nobody will ever say it takes much to amuse me....

No comments: