Monday, February 4, 2008

The old man is snoring....

Before I even opened my eyes this morning I heard the sound of raindrops falling lightly outside. I knew it was a little darker in my room than usual - no morning sun shining in my window. Safe to say we are having another rainy, foggy day. Thankfully, the temperature is hovering much higher than it has been the past few weeks. Could spring be on the way??? *cringe* I have to be very careful asking such a thing like that. I really should know better. In the past few years, spent in Georgia and Florida, I would not be taking too much of a risk to ask for warmer weather by the end of February. But I am not so "south" anymore. Here, I remember how winter likes to hang around for as long as it can.

I have enjoyed the rain today. Sometimes I really like rain. It can feel so refreshing. Of course there are days when I don't enjoy it so much. Rain can create quite a mess if you have to be outside working (or running into stores - parking lots can turn into obstacle courses with huge puddles you must try to hurdle and dodge, only to be splashed by a car who didn't feel like slowing down when he passed you and drove through that same puddle.) Or sometimes, as it did a few days ago - rain just makes me want to stay in bed all day! It is dark. It is cozy. I sit around just a little too long enjoying my morning coffee and internet and then it is too late. I'm done for. I can almost forget about doing anything productive the rest of the day. I can drink coffee until I jitter down the stairs, but I still can't function as a normal person. Whew - I'm glad today is one of those "good" rainy days. Now I better move on before I get too comfy in front of this computer. I've got things to do!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU CAN HAVE THE FOGGY AND SMOOGY DAYS. I WILL TAKE THE 'LIGHT' AND THE SUN. K.K. OK! ! !

I am Megan said...

Luckily the "light" comes on no matter what the weather!