Thursday, February 21, 2008

Soup for you!

I got an awesome new "chili pot" for my birthday! My love for soup has been growing stronger each year. Especially this year, being out of the south and into the cold has made me crave soup several times a week. So what better gift to get than a perfect pot for making soup?
A soup I have fallen in love with lately is a Greek lentil soup from a Cooking Light article. If you would like to try it, it's here. This is a great recipe because it is cheap and uses things I usually already have at home. I did make a few changes based on what I had around. I used onion instead of shallots and shredded cabbage since I didn't have parsnips. I deglazed the pan with apple cider vinegar which gave it the perfect acidity. I have made this recipe a couple of times, but the other night I had to try out the new pot! It was perfect!!! Nothing beats a hot bowl of soup on these cold snowy nights.

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Sounds yummy. I made potato soup last night. Yum!

R. J. said...

your domestication amazes me. i love it.