Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thoughts of Thanks

It's THANKSGIVING!  Turkeys are running for cover, pumpkins are turning into pies, cranberries are getting saucy, and tons of people are clogging the streets to watch giant balloons roll past the buildings of New York.  I didn't get to go home to be with family this year, but I am glad to have wonderful friends to spend time with today.  Thanksgiving is such a great holiday because everyone loves getting together and eating lots of great food.  Taking time out to be thankful is certainly a good thing too.  I've decided to share 10 of the billion things I am thankful for this year.  In no particular order:


I am thankful for... 

  1. this year especially, my education and for going back to school.  It's a delight to be back on track with music and working hard towards small and large goals.
  2. a family that has supported and loved me through all my pursuits and helped me follow my dreams.
  3. friends who surround me with laughter, love, and encouragement
  4. God!  It's great to know that he has it under control, even if I can't understand a bit of it.  Also thankful to have found a church that both challenges and encourages me each week.
  5. my job.  Gotta pay the bills and I'm lucky in these times to not only have a job, but to have a boss that's flexible enough with my insane schedule that I can go to school while holding down the job.
  6. music - for filling my life with passion, love, creativity, and excitement.  
  7. coffee...without which I would not function half as well as I do.  :)
  8. my health - something that really should not be taken for granted
  9. food - for making life a lot more delicious.
  10. my iphone - for taking my organization skills and not only turning them up a notch, but making it a lot easier.  Also for providing several ways to keep better in touch with everyone. How did we survive before we had EVERYTHING in a little device in our pocket?
The more I write, the longer I want to make the list.  So basically, life could be a lot worse.   There is a lot to be thankful for!  To quote MMHoney, we just need to take the time to "slow down and smell the roses".


Happy Thanksgiving!!!
What are YOU thankful for?


No comments: