Friday, November 18, 2011

Falling Leaves, Changing Colors


Wow.  Right this moment the setting sun is shining right down my street and highlighting every color of every leaf on the tree outside my window.  It is stunning.  As if the tree is on fire.  I've noticed that New York has been absolutely gorgeous over the past week.  The leaves are just at that place where much of them have fallen and the rest will fall any moment. The colors are at their most beautiful.  Even those scattered on the ground are vibrant in color. The hues seem to change throughout the day, deepening as the sunlight hits them from a new angle. It's sad that this most beautiful moment is so short, passing so quickly. I wish I could freeze the colors like they are now and look at them for months.  Maybe part of the beauty is that they are here for such a short time and have to be appreciated before they are gone.  Either way, I had to slow down several times this week to look at the beauty all around.  I bet we would all benefit from doing that more often.

1 comment:

MMHONEY said...

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL POST. MY SAYING IS SLOW DOWN AND SMELL THE ROSES. MMHONEY