Wednesday, October 5, 2011

From the Met to the Mets

This summer we tried to take advantage of the summer and the city and get out and do some different things.  Like going to the zoo, botanic gardens, beach, and white water rafting.  It was a lot of fun and a way to take little "staycations".  Most of our adventures were actually inspired by those coupon websites: Groupon and LivingSocial.  Those sites clutter my inbox with a lot of junk, but occasionally something good comes along.  Not only are the offers good because they give you a discount, but also because they make you think of things that you might not normally think of.  Also good for people like me, there is a time limit to purchase and use the coupon, so I can't put it off for long.


On a recent weekend I grabbed myself a Groupon to go to a Met's game!  The weather has been on the edge for a couple of weeks now, but that Saturday turned out to be a perfect day to take the train out to the stadium and watch a game from the nosebleed.  And for once, I went to a game where the team I was cheering for actually won!  I was nervous when half way through the game the score was still tied 0-0, but eventually it picked up, got a little exciting and then the Mets sent those Phillies packing!  It was a lot of fun!


Go team!!!





1 comment:

mmhoney said...

What is a game without a little rain mixed in????
True fans own a poncho just in case.
I am glad your team won.
I cheer for the underdog