Saturday, September 11, 2010

A little o' this and that

This is just a random post that's not really about anything specific, but who cares.  Since a week ago I have felt like most of what I say is a random stream of stuff.  I've said the same thing to myself over and over and several people have heard the same thing too.  Most people also reply with the same stories, but for some reason I keep going round and round.  Each and every day.  The days almost blend together as one big day of 'keeping myself together' and grabbing the bull by the horns.

So this morning I felt like staying in bed, but I did that a little too long yesterday and as nice as I thought it would be, it got be nowhere...fast.  So this morning I rested a bit and then went straight to my bike.  Love that bike.  The sun was shining and the temperature in the mid 60's.  I crossed the street and found myself in Prospect Park, which I took a couple of spins around and it felt good.  At least it was my bike and body doing the spinning instead of only the thoughts inside my head.
The first half of the park is the most challenging from where I live.  There is a bit of a hill that is just gradual and long enough that I can't do my 'usual' hill treatment. (Stand up and RUN).  I actually have to work at it a bit...but that's good.  Gets the heart rate up.  Coming back down the hill on the other side is my favorite....especially at the hour I was out today.  As I coasted down the hill and felt the air blowing all around me I could see the lake to my left.  The sun shone on the water which glistened like diamonds winking at me.  Nice.  I had to loop around and do another round of the park just so I could see it again.  

What else... I did some grocery shopping... much needed.  Then I bought a mop because my apartment is dirty and getting on my nerves so I intend to clean.  I think the job requires something stronger than Swiffer, so I got a more 'serious' mop.  Hope I can get around to it, but I have a couple of performances this evening and will have to start getting ready for that before too long.  Something about a road being paved with good intentions....

One other thing.  How is Google so smart???  This new Google Instant search is unbelievable.  It can finish my sentences for me.  It knows what I am looking for before I know it.  For those situations of "Oh, I can't remember what it's called... I think it starts with a B".... Google can read my mind.  Amazing.  We don't even have to think these days.  Google will figure it all out.   I am sitting here listening to Pandora, which knows what I want to listen to, searching Google which knows what I want to find.  Life should always be this easy. 

No comments: