Monday, May 12, 2008

city life

Wow - it has been a crazy week or so since I have posted! I am back in New York and have been going ten billion miles a minute. It feels like I have been here much longer than one week. I guess it is good to be busy, but I am having quite a time getting adjusted! As soon as I got back here I had a week of rehearsals, performances, apartment hunts and job searches! Crazy! Everything worked out fine and I am ready to take on the new week. The reward for this week is that I get to go to Carnegie Hall on Friday night for an amazing concert. The Chicago Symphony will be playing Shostakovich's 4th symphony! I can't wait! I love being in a city where I can be so involved in the arts. There is SO much going on at any given moment. I have been able to play quite a bit - doing some pretty random gigs here and there. Ah, a musician's life...

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I'm glad you are happy and getting gigs. Good luck with the apartment search. I hope you can find something soon! Keep posting!

Sarah said...

Hey, enjoy it while you can! Once you get married and have kids you don't have so much freedom. Live it up!!