Thursday, July 7, 2011

Family Time

I am so excited that I went to WV to be with family over the holiday weekend.  I loved having a long weekend and being able to get away from everything for a little while.  You can't quite relax in the city like you can outside of the city.  West Virginia was so beautiful and green.  The weather was great and we were able to enjoy some time outside.  Eating lunch on the porch with Mom and Dad...catching up on everything.

I always value being able to spend time with family - even though sometimes it can be crazy and hectic.  This visit was very special because I met my niece, Emma, for the first time!  She was so sweet and adorable and I loved her immediately.  I'm so glad I was able to spend time with her and get to know her a little bit.  I know she'll be a totally different little person the next time I see her. I wish I lived closer to my nieces and nephew so I could be a bigger part of their lives, but I cherish the time that I do get.  It is so amazing how little babies grow and develop their own personalities!  I remember the first time I saw Joel.  He was already 6 months old.  They are so different when they are first born than they are at 6 months.  I can't want to see what Emma will be like in a few more months.  Right now I love how she gets the pouty lip and sticks her little tongue out.  She also makes some incredible faces.  If she maintains control over those expressions as she grows up I could see quite an acting career in her future.


On the other end of the spectrum, I was able to spend good time with my two grandmothers.  They are also very special to me and I love being around them.  They always have great stories to share. I think I have a good chance at turning into a pretty cool and feisty lady in my later years.  As they say "I got it honest."

At our July 4 (on the 3rd) cookout, I was able to snap a picture of 4 generations:  Jared with his daughter, his parents, his Mama and Mama Honey.  I guess that's a Kodak moment if ever there was one.  Too bad Ben wasn't there with Joel and his little Erin, who I have yet to meet!  That would have been perfect.  Except my arms would probably be pretty tired.  Emma loves to be held and bounced and it's a workout after a while!  I'm sure Erin would want to join in the fun.  I do believe we have a name for such behavior: One One Two Girls.

1 comment:

mmhoney said...

I certainly enjoyed the day. I would love to join the babies in their afternoon nap.