Friday, April 29, 2011

Picturing the flowers

I've been pretty excited about the weather this week.  Not the weather that was in the forecast, but the actual weather.  The forecast has been nothing but confusing, predicting rain and thunderstorms almost every day this week - starting with what was supposed to be a rainy gloomy Easter Sunday but was beautiful instead.  What we ended up with (for the most part) was a very nice week.  I never knew what to wear or if I should take my umbrella or my sunglasses, but I'll carry both any day for the chance of sun!  

It's also been fun to watch the skyline change outside my window every morning.  Each day the park became a little bit greener than it was the day before.  The tree right outside my window is looking quite nice and the park has turned gorgeous.  Yesterday on my lunch break at work I grabbed a sandwich and sat in the small park across from my office.  I snapped a few shots of flowers and of a bird that had an interest in my sandwich.  I love the spring and taking pictures of flowers.  It's so easy to be a 'good photographer' when everything around me is so beautiful!  





3 comments:

Jen said...

Love the pictures! Wish we had some flowers around here. Winter just keeps lingering...

I am Megan said...

Our spring just showed up last week out of nowhere. I was starting to loose hope that it would never come and we'd be stuck in winter forever. Hopefully it will come to Montana next.

mmhoney said...

Spring has Sprung on Boone St. My flowers are lovely. My rose is in full bud and will probably open this week end. Love to all.