Monday, May 16, 2011

When is vacation?

I still wish there was more time in a day, and more days in the weekend.  That would be so helpful.  I feel like I never have time to get done the things I need to do, let alone the things I want to do!
Just finished a marathon weekend.  I played 4 performances and had rehearsals before two of them.  On Friday night I played Tristan and Isolde with One World, for the season finale.  Saturday afternoon I played Puccini's Il Tabarro with the Brooklyn Repertory Opera.  I played bass clarinet for that.  Sunday was the biggie, with Puccini in the afternoon and Wagner at night.  "Puccini in the afternoon" - sounds like one of those CDs with greatest hits of Puccini operas and a 'calm' black and white picture on the front.
Anyway - Talk about a day...and a weekend. This one was right on that line of what they call 'too much'.  Towards the end of the Sunday Wagner rehearsal my brain was turning to mush.  And a mushy brain is no good for Wagner, which requires pretty intense concentration.  Oh well - it all worked out in the end.

Now I need to go finish cooking dinner, pick up the mess my room has become, practice my clarinet, work on reeds, contemplate my living situation, etc., etc., etc.....

2 comments:

mmhoney said...

Are you being an escape artist.
You are back!!!!!!
Have a good weekend.

I am Megan said...

Now!!!