Sunday, January 16, 2011

Slow cooked goodness

I am loving my crock-pot.  I've had it just over a year and let me tell you - that thing is amazing!  I love that I can throw a bunch of stuff into it in the morning, then go out, run around town, come home and have a delicious hot meal ready for me!  That's true love. 

This weekend, thanks to an email from my friend Betty Crocker (I wonder if she is related to the Crock-Pot), I made a chicken and gnocchi soup that was fabulous!  It kind of reminded me of a creamy chicken pot pie, without the top.  A nice country home cooked meal for a cold weekend night.  Served with fresh sour dough bread from the farmer's market... Perfection!  I want to say this is my favorite thing from the crock-pot, but I say that pretty much every time I make anything in there, so I guess it wouldn't really count.  But it is in the top 5 and will definitely be made again.

I think next weekend will be a perfect time to try my Wheat Montana Chili Mix that was given to me for Christmas from my Montana family.  After that, who knows.  Suggestions welcome!  YUMMY!

1 comment:

mmhoney said...

The crock-pot is a wonderful time saver. To say nothing of the wonderful aroma ! ! ! !