Friday, November 13, 2009

Art and Dave

Last week Dave came to visit! He was here for a long weekend and we had a lot of fun. It's nice when people visit because it makes me take advantage of all the fun things there are to do here. For example, we went to the Guggenheim museum, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and saw a couple of good movies. I had never been to the Guggenheim and it is such a neat building. They were holding an exhibit of the modern painter, Kandinsky. The building itself is such a work of art. Designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, the main area is circular. You start on the ground floor and gradually walk around the outside of the building, while ascending. After a few rounds you end up at the top by the beautiful sky light. The walls are filled with artwork as you go up. Kind of neat, if I do say so myself. The museum also provided headsets that would tell you about certain paintings when you were in front of them. That made it more interesting because I was able to learn about the artist, his techniques, as well as other influences. Sometimes it was a bit too much information and it seemed like they were stretching it, but I liked the concept.

4 comments:

MMHONEY said...

DAVE UP FOR A LONG WEEK END
THAT GAVE YOU TIME TO CATCH UP ON ALL OF THE NEWS.
I AM ANXIUE TO HEAR OF YOUR PLANS FOR THANKSGIVING.
THE FAST FOOD PLACES ARE A GOOD BACK=UP

Sarah said...

Howcome mom and dad didn't bring your finest uncle back any cheesecake? Do they still have Baby Watson cheesecake in the City?

Sarah said...

Also, have you been to Zabar's yet?

I am Megan said...

I don't know about Baby Watson, but I definitely have been to Zabar's. Fun place!