Friday, March 7, 2008

an empty suitcase on a cluttered floor

When I need to be organized and get things done, I am usually pretty good at doing so. But, let me tell you something, when it comes to packing - I am AWFUL. I have the hardest time packing for anything from an overnight stay to a large move. Considering all the moving I have done in the past decade (5 in just the past 3 years!) I should be pretty good at it. I am not.

I am trying to pack for New York and have been trying for a few days now. I am not having very much success. I have such a hard time deciding what to take because I think "well, I could run into this situation, or that situation." Then I procrastinate big time and end up a big stressed out mess. More than once I have tried to have things packed so when the "movers" (parents) arrive we can just load up the trailer and hit the road. They get to my place and there is stuff strewn about. I am the queen of "debris" when I try to pack- a stack of papers here, a pile of clothes there, random clarinet reeds in strange places, and we won't even talk about the shoes! I just don't know how to pack! Help me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TAKR A CHANGE OF "UNDIES" AND HIT THE ROAD. THE SECRET IS TAKE MIX AND MATCH THINGS. YOU CAN GET SEVERAL CHANGES OUT OF THREE GARMENTS. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO A SYTLE SHOW....YOU ARE GOING TO ENJOY YOURSELF. GO FOR IT.