Wednesday, December 12, 2007

the traveler returns

I am finally back home after what feels like my tour of the eastern U.S. Before Thanksgiving I was in Myrtle Beach, Thanksgiving was spent in Pensacola, Florida. Just after Thanksgiving I went to New York City for a few days, followed by a few days in Washington D.C. where I saw the first snow of the year.
This past weekend I ventured back to the south to play with the Knoxville Wind Symphony in Tennessee. There I met up with old friends and got to play a holiday concert (which also reimbursed me for all of the traveling I have been doing - whew).

I had decided that I would spend today at home, working on Christmas gifts like the Santa's elf I am becoming! Everything was rolling right along: itunes pumping out some tunes to keep me happy, sewing machine speeding over the fabric, iron steaming up a storm; things were looking good until....

SNAP!!!

Well, there's not much I can do with a needle that looks like this: and my expert sewing helper is not home, so I guess it's time to move on to something else for the afternoon....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WERE YOU SEWING SO FAST THAT YOUR NEEDLE COULDN'T KEEP UP.

GAL YOU HAVE TO SLOW DOWN.

SOMETIMES THAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU TEND TO PULL THE MATERIAL- RATHER THAN LET THE MACHINE DO THE FEEDING. WHATEVER THE CASE MAY BE- I AM SURE IT DELAYED YOUR PROGRESS.