Saturday, November 10, 2007

projects

I haven't been sewing a whole lot lately. I have been working on my felt Christmas wreath and it is almost finished. Finally! I haven't actually been working on it that long, but I bought the kit several years ago. Once I get going on something I am in good shape, but it's hard to get started sometimes! I'll get some pictures on here of that later.

I have a pattern for a dress I want to make. I want to make the "B" version. I am excited to get started on it, but I also see Christmas lurking around the corner and I have several sewing/craft ideas that I want to do for Christmas presents. I should probably get those done sooner than later. Otherwise you will see me "burning the midnight oil" the week before Christmas trying to get things finished. Oh well, it wouldn't be the first time and surely won't be the last. Last year I had to give a WIP slip for a Christmas gift. Ooops! Sometimes things take a little longer than expected. I'm new at all this - cut me a break!
Well, back on topic of my dress! I already have the material and everything! The print is for the main part and the navy solid is for the trims and midsection. Sorry the picture is a little dark, but the print has a shine to it that just doesn't work with a flash. I think the dress will go well into spring since it is lightweight, but I need to get it finished before it goes out of style! Oh, fashion!

No comments: